Sunday, October 28, 2012

October 27th, what a lovely day for.......SNOW?!

The weather this semester has been quite nice so far. It's been cold, but nothing too bad yet.

Earlier this past week one of my classmates told me that Prague was expecting snow on Saturday (yesterday).  My thought was, "seriously? snow? nah, can't be. it's only october."

So Saturday morning comes along and I woke up, went downstairs in my pajamas for breakfast, came back and chilled in my room. A few minutes later one of my classmates knocks on my door telling me that it's snowing outside.

WHAT?!

I just started grabbing things. Scarf. Gloves. Jackets. Ear muffs. Camera. I quickly put boots on my sock-less feet and rush outside to my floor's terrace.
Sure enough. It's snowing.

I honestly couldn't believe it. 
I was in so much shock that I didn't even put my scarf on. I just clutched it close to my chest along with my gloves and camera.

My classmates are laughing, sliding around on the slushy yet slippery ground, and sticking their tongue out trying to catch some snowflakes.

Me? I'm just standing there, not sure what to do.
I tried taking a picture of the first snowfall, but the picture looked like it would be any other day, since you can't see the snow falling.


I don't think I've ever seen snow before Halloween. 
This snow fell for most of the day.  We were expecting 3 - 5 inches.  I looked out my bedroom window on occasion or rushed out to the hallway, in flip flops and no jacket, to stand at the door to the terrace and see the snow.

I didn't go outside once on Saturday, besides when it first started snowing.
For some reason, snow just makes me wanna stay in my sweat pants and do absolutely nothing. 
So. That's what I did.

By lunchtime this morning (sunday), 90% of the snow was gone. Bummer.
Snow is amazing in how it can make something so beautiful in just a short amount of time.
But! Not to worry. There will be more snow, I can feel it.










No comments:

Post a Comment