Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sketching Around Prague

Since school has started my classmates and I have gotten into a routine.
Up at 7 a.m.
Breakfast at 8.
Leave for school at 8:30
Run to catch metro so we don’t have to wait for another one 8:42.
Have 9 a.m. class.
Find something to eat.
Class again around 2pm.
Find something to eat.
Get back to dorm by metro and walking.
Shower.
Sleep.
Repeat from “up at 7 a.m.”

But one thing in my routine (not mentioned above) is done each day, but it captures something unique each time.
What is this thing?
SKETCHING.

One of my classmates, Abe, and I have been trying to make it a point to go out walking around Prague and find a place to sketch each day.
Sketching something new brings excitement into my somewhat mundane routine.
Sketching relaxes me.
Sketching makes me happy.
Sketching helps me remember what I see (sketching is better than taking a picture). 
Sketching allows me to explore, even if it’s just changing a color of colored pencil.
I could go on….

I never know what I will end up drawing or what I will discover along the way of finding the perfect thing to sketch.
I enjoy how spontaneous sketching can be. It differs each time. Tonight, for example, Abe and I went out sketching tonight at 7 pm. It’s much different than sketching when it’s sunny outside.
Below are just some sketches that I’ve done over the past 2 days.

I think the sketch should speak for itself.
I hope to do many more, especially since the weather is oh so lovely this week (mid 70s!)





No comments:

Post a Comment