Monday, November 19, 2012

I am here. I am here. I am here. I am here.

From Thursday, November 15, until Sunday, November 18, I was in Athens, Greece, with my classmate Abe. 
This was my first time in Greece. 
There was so much crammed into three days. 
I have plenty to say, but for now, I'll tease you with just a hint of the first night I was there. 

Our hostel, City Circus, had a roof terrace, so Thursday night around dinner we went up there.
This was the view (stunning, right?):
Could it be? Could it really be the acropolis in the distance? 
Wow. 



I couldn't believe I could see the acropolis from my hostel's terrace. 
I had to keep telling myself over and over that I was indeed staring at the acropolis. 
I am in Athens.
I am here. 
I am here.
I am here.
I am here.

Later that night at dinner, I tried ouzo. 
If you don't know what ouzo is, google it.
It's in My Big Fat Greek Wedding (the movie).
Anyway - 
I've heard that it tastes like licorice.  
It doesn't look like that big of a glass (see below), but it was plenty!
I barely put any on my lips as I tasted it, and I bet my face looked just like the one of a toddler trying grapefruit/lemon for the first time.

I thought it was absolutely disgusting.
Ew. Yuck.
The waitress said I could put water in it to water it down, but when i added more water it still tasted just as intense.


Well, that's it for now. I think I'm getting sick. Ugh, lovely. 
More to come though. 
Please hang tight till I write the next post.

Opa! 

No comments:

Post a Comment