Monday, August 27, 2012

Prepare for blogging!


Hello!
This semester I’ll continue my architecture studies, but they will focus on urban design, at North Carolina State University’s satellite campus – the Prague Institute in Prague, Czech Republic

While I am there I will study in the traditional manner through studios and lectures, but part of my learning will develop from my own experiences outside the realms of the Institute. I will be on my own to experience everyday life in a Medieval City:  hostel living accommodations, public transportation, a new language, several hundred years of architecture, and a host of other activities not found in Raleigh.  

My blog, CzechMyThoughts, will be just that, a thought or two each day about what I will learn and experience.  

My sketchbooks will absorb my thoughts with a mixture of drawing, gluing things into it, and words.  Paul Klee says, “A drawing is just a line going for a walk,” so I will take that line with me on this great journey ahead!  (My camera will capture certain moments too, of course)

The journey begins on August 31st!
I will be traveling to Italy before my Prague studies begin so I will be blogging from those places also. 


No comments:

Post a Comment